To apprise Facility Management Professional of educational opportunities and informal resources that will aid them in the identification and implementation of sustainable practices.
You are invited to join the San Diego Chapter’s Sustainability Committee, open to all members who have an interest in promoting Sustainable practices for buildings.
Purpose and Intent:
- Provide guidance and present a united front for chapter sustainability activities
- Act as advocate for chapter and member sustainability initiatives
- Prepare materials for the chapter’s web site and newsletters
- Stay consistent and true to the ethics and purposes of IFMA and the chapter
- Liaison with Education Committee pertaining to the SFP credential training
Roles and Responsibilities:
Chair: Mike O’Brien
Sustainability Resources: The following list is a compilation of sustainability resources available on the Internet. We are always looking for additional resources to share with our members.
News and General Information
http://greensource.construction.com/ – McGraw Hill’s website for sustainable design
http://www.iclei.org/ – Local Governments for Sustainability
http://www.ceres.org/ – Investor & Business Leadership in Sustainability
http://www.verdantix.com/ – sustainability analysis and information
Consulting and Services