The IFMA San Diego Grant Program was established to provide financial assistance to facility professionals and associates who are unable to receive financial support from their employer or other professional association. The Chapter is dedicated to assisting active members through financial assistance for Membership Renewal, World Workplace Registration, Facility Fusion Registration and Continuing Certification Education.
Grant Availability and Eligibility
Educational programs supported include locally held certification courses, as well as World Workplace and Facility Fusion registration fees. Grants will be awarded to applicants who are active San Diego Chapter members in good standing and who pledge continued participation (committee/program volunteer and attendance at a minimum of 4 meetings in the coming year). Priority will be given to potential recipients who have not been awarded a grant during the last 3 years. The deadline for submitting the application is 1 month prior to the event or 1 month prior to the events early bird deadline, if applicable. If the deadline passes without recipient(s) identified, then recent award recipients(<3yrs) may be considered. Facility Fusion and WWP grant recipients are required to attend educational sessions, including reporting session name, description, and highlights for consideration of future Chapter topics.
Facility Fusion and WWP grant recipients are required to attend educational sessions, including reporting session name, description, and highlights for consideration of future Chapter topics.
The following grants are available for each calendar year:
FMP: (100% course fee)
CFM: (100% course fee)
SFP : ( 50% course fee)
(1) Facility Fusion: (100% early bird registration fee)
(3) World Workplace: (100% early bird registration fee)
(2) World Workplace Executive Board: $2000 (each) including (1) for the Chapter President and (1) other Designated Board Member (Chair of the Educational Committee) or Award of Excellence Recipient Attendee as selected by the Executive Board.
Membership Dues Subsidies and Eligibility
Applicants must be active members in good standing and who pledge continued participation (committee/program volunteer and attendance at a minimum of 4 meetings in the coming year). Subsidies will be awarded according to applicant need and Chapter fund availability:
Regular Membership Subsidy: (100% Int’l–$209 as of 2015; member reduced Chapter fee-$100)
Retired Membership Subsidy: (100% Int’l–$100 as of 2015; member reduced Chapter fee- $100)
Applications will be reviewed by the IFMA San Diego Chapter Executive Board. Following approval, the reimbursement/disbursement of funds is contingent upon the following:
1) Successful course completion (confirmed by the instructor)
2) Proof of course payment
3) Pledge for continued Chapter participation
World Workplace or Facility Fusion:
1) Proof of payment/attendance
2) Receipt and pledge for continued Chapter participation
IFMA San Diego Chapter Membership Renewals:
1) Confirmation of past membership in the San Diego Chapter
2) Confirmation of pending renewal due
3) Confirmation of unemployment/retirement
4) pledge for continued participation
Important: Should the recipient fail to honor the pledge for continued Chapter participation, the Chapter reserves the right to seek reimbursement from the recipient.
Please carefully review and complete the attached form as it applies to grant or membership fee subsidy requests.
Only proposals submitted on the attached form and in accordance with the program guidelines will be considered. The IFMA San Diego Chapter Executive Board reserves the right to withhold funding for reasons it need not disclose.
1) Submit completed application via online form below.
2) The Chapter Administrator will verify, acknowledge receipt via email and forward to the Executive Board for timely review.
3) The applicant will be notified of the Executive Board’s decision and funds will be made available according to the appropriate timetable.